<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/37667992?origin\x3dhttps://livinginfsr.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

flickr

The Search For Rope...

Monday, March 12, 2007

Yesterday, during lunch time, many of the guys had heard a rumor that there was a yellow rope tied to a tree. But this was no ordinary rope. And this was no ordinary tree. You see, this tree hangs over a river canal which I think is connected to the local lake. At least I hope it’s connected to the lake and not a random river of run-off water. And the yellow rope was not a rope but actually a cheap alternative for some thrilling fun. So after lunch, the boys went on an epic journey in search of this object of cheap thrills. After traveling across the treacherous farming fields along the bank of the river for about 20 minutes, our eyes finally found the beautifully woven yellow rope tied to the tree. We were all filled with joy as smiles came across our faces and excitement for the first person to swing into the water. By the way, the water is freezing cold! I’ll let the videos below speak for themselves as to how cold it was. Hope you enjoy!





Bookmark this post to del.icio.us Digg this post! Bookmark this post to Yahoo! My Web Bookmark this post to Furl
  1. Blogger Sherry | 9:02 AM, March 12, 2007 |  

    You definitely had the best swing, but are you really sure about swimming in water that color?

  2. Blogger Peyton | 9:57 AM, March 12, 2007 |  

    I think the funniest video is by far the third one. I can't stop laughing at how hard he was trying to stay on that rope. Yeah, the water wasn't very clear. It tasted alright though. Yeah, I had a sip of it when the freezing water stunned me and my mouth opened.

  3. Blogger Matt | 10:17 AM, March 12, 2007 |  

    hey pey pey.....let your shoulder lean....

  4. Anonymous Anonymous | 7:11 AM, March 16, 2007 |  

    I think that there may have been a little rope burn, eh?

  5. Blogger Peyton | 10:28 AM, March 16, 2007 |  

    Yeah, my fingers were bleeding a little. I didn't have the worst of it though. Some of my friends cut their hands pretty bad. It was actually kinda funny because the water was so cold that we didn't know we were bleeding

  6. Anonymous Anonymous | 11:52 AM, April 23, 2007 |  

    That was so stinkin funny i watched them like 10 times

Leave your response