<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/37667992?origin\x3dhttps://livinginfsr.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

flickr

Almost Time...

Tuesday, April 24, 2007


If you would like to be added to receive my newsletter updates please email me at: peytonc@gmail.com

Yay!!! Visas finally came in the other day and I can just feel it getting closer and closer to arriving in the country. It was fun spending time in “The Last Frontier”, aka Alaska, visiting the family and trekking through the trails of snow and ice behind our house. It has also been fun reconnecting and hanging out with friends back in the “Land of Enchantment”, aka New Mexico, despite the lovely Spring season winds of 40mph and desert dirt hitting against your face (not very enchanting in the Spring). But it has been a long process, this past year, where the Father has been refining me and making me into the person I am today so that I would be most usable and prepared for the journey ahead. Wow...it makes me smile to think that it has been a long process, when in reality, it has only begun. The fun is about to start! You see, I feel American society has convinced individuals to please themselves by indulging in the goodness of American culture and comfort. Many people wouldn't want to leave these “comforts of home”, but for me personally, I find it enjoyable living with others of different backgrounds and of different cultures. Maybe growing up in a military family where constant relocation and moving around was the norm helped in the development of my attitude towards living internationally. Or maybe living and studying a language in a different country the past two summers, in 2005 and 2006, has also aided in the development of my attitude towards international living. Although these could be a couple of legit explanations, I think an even better explanation is this: that Father has been revealing to me his heart; that he is giving me eyes to see his heart's desires, that is, every people...and every tongue.

I included a picture of a sunset in southern New Mexico. Ahhh...I'm gonna miss the mountain sunsets.

Bookmark this post to del.icio.us Digg this post! Bookmark this post to Yahoo! My Web Bookmark this post to Furl
  1. Blogger Herz | 12:14 PM, April 26, 2007 |  

    PEY PEY...I'm soo excited for you boys. You're finally heading out on your journey!! I'm lifting you up brother and know that amazing things will take place over the next two years ; ) Oh and by the way...any new Lost news...oddly enough here in the sandbox we don't get much American TV...crazy, I know!!

  2. Blogger Matthew | 6:59 AM, April 27, 2007 |  

    Peyton What up sir? Praise the Lord on the Visas coming in finally! Soon, you too will be serving our Father in a whole other hemisphere!

    Lifting you and Dan up to the Father during this time. Met Kim from NMSU the other night. She says HI!

  3. Blogger Oleg & Amanda | 11:39 AM, May 07, 2007 |  

    Hey Peyton! Greetings from Ukraine! It was great meeting up with you and your Mom in Anchorage. I hope you've arrived by now and are doing great! Please add me to you newsletter list. I'd love to keep up on how you guys are doing so I can continue to lift ya'll up before the Father.
    Have fun with your Russian classes!

Leave your response